The Google Ads platform is a popular marketing investment for solar dealers all over the world. It's the perfect platform to get in front of your target audience, who are primed with intent and looking for solar solutions.
If you're learning and maintaining the Google Ads platform in-house, you probably don't have a lot of time to plan out complex campaigns. Here we share 5 simple strategies for solar dealers to help you attract and convert the right leads.
5 Simple Strategies For Solar Dealers using Google Ads
1. Identify your Buyer Persona
Think about who your typical customer is and what they represent. For example; if your business is in South Australia, then your typical customer (right now) is likely to be someone who is interested in solar solutions because of the SA Government's battery scheme. You can probably breakdown the age bracket of these people, and what kind of questions they are likely to ask you when requesting a quote.
Identifying who your target audience is (and it's not everyone!) and what motivates them to purchase will help you with your ad messaging and budgeting.
2. Break Out your Service Offerings
You might offer a range of services within your solar business, covering home installation, commercial installation, batteries and inverters. When you set up your campaigns, break these offerings into separate Ad Groups, and use keywords specifically to target those offerings.
This allows you to see where your traffic and spend is being allocated across your offerings.
3. Highlight What Makes You Different
The solar market is a competitive one and if you have a point of difference then share it!
It might be that you are:
- always on time
- the only local LG solar panel dealer
- the biggest and longest-running solar dealer in your area
- able to offer a range of solar solutions to suit all budgets
- accredited or have received awards for your business.
Whatever your point of difference is, include it in your ad messaging so that potential customers can get a good idea of what your business is all about.
4. Have a Slick Sales Funnel in Place
Streamline the sales process so that your potential customer gets a good experience when dealing with your company. This includes considering things like:
- Not having every landing page URL pointing to your home page. If your ad talks about solar panels, then take the customer to your solar panel page.
- Is your website optimised for mobile? Mobile use is growing every day, and in some industries it's the most used device on search, so make sure your website is optimised for best results.
- What happens when customers click 'get a quote' or 'contact us'. Is your admin team equipped to deal with calls and answer common questions?
You need to nurture that lead from the moment they have identified that they need solar. Make their solar purchase journey a good one.
5. Kill Customers With Kindness
Customer service, reliability and consistency will help you not only win business, but get customers recommending you to others. Ensure your customer facing staff and back office staff all share the same goal. That's marketing gold!
Need Help With Google Ads?
We understand that not everyone is an expert in search engine marketing. And with all the new updates and changes to Google Ads it can be stressful trying to figure it all out. If you're looking for help with Google Ads, we can set up and manage your campaigns for you.
Learn More About Google Ads