When set up and maintained correctly, Google Ads can be a gold mine for discovering leads for your business.
In order to find quality leads, you need to ensure that the people you attract are your ideal customer. And your ideal customer, as a solar dealer, is someone within your location radius.
This makes geo-targeting a priority.
Geo-targeting is a setting that helps you show your ads to customers in a selected geographic location. For each ad campaign, you can select locations where your ad can be shown. Then, location targeting allows your ads to appear for people in those locations. Google Ads
Our tip today, is how to target a radius around a location.
How To Set Up Geo-Targeting in Google Ads
As a solar dealer, you will already know the radius within your areas that you like to target. Whether it's a formal or informal "best practice" for your business, it's a no-brainer for dealers to know their limits when booking jobs. If you have a small radius to work with, you must keep in mind that geo-targeting will keep the volume of your ads low. Too small a target might mean you don't get shown at key times. So let's take a look at how we can set appropriate radius targets for your campaigns.
Once you are within the Google Ads platform, follow these steps*.
1. From the page menu on the left, click Locations.
2. Click the name of the campaign that you wish to edit.
3. Click the blue pencil icon, then select Radius.
4. In the search box, enter the address of the location that you'd like to use for the centre of the radius. Enter the radius that you'd like to target and select a unit of measurement from the drop-down menu.
5. Check the map to make sure that you're targeting the correct area. When you're ready, click Save to add the radius target.
6. Click Save.
Need Help With Google Ads?
We understand that not everyone is an expert in search engine marketing. And with all the new updates and changes to Google Ads it can be stressful trying to figure it all out. If you're looking for help with Google Ads, we can set up and manage your campaigns for you.